|www.Aviapress.com > All Books > Tornado Publisher >|
TRN-084 T-64 Soviet Main Battle Tank. Second Edition book
- T-64 Soviet Main Battle Tank book
- T-62 Soviet Main Battle Tank book
- Russian Air-to-Air Missiles, Russian Nuclear Submarines with Ballistic Missiles, 2nd generation of the Soviet post-WW2 tanks book
- Technika and Vooruzhenie N9 2003 magazine
- Technika and Vooruzhenie N12 2003 magazine
- Technika and Vooruzhenie N1 2004 magazine
- Technika and Vooruzhenie N2 2004 magazine
TRN-084 T-64 Soviet Main Battle Tank. Second Edition bookT-64 was a fundamentally new type of tank, which determined the profile of the Soviet tank building during the 60s, very much like the T-34 created a revolution in the tank building industry in the 40s. T-64 became the first Soviet tank protected by non-metallic armour, and also the first tank with automated gun-loading mechanism. Despite its small weight of only 38 tons, T-64 tank was armed with a 125 mm cannon, while 55 tons NATO tanks were equipped with canons of only 105 mm calibre. In addition to the above, the Soviet tank was very well protected and showed very good speed. T-64 design turned out to be so successful, that all soviet tanks designed up to the beginning of 90s were, in fact, the modifications of T-64. The appearance of T-64 tank became possible due to two reasons: the desire in Morozov's Design Bureau to create a principally new vehicle, and to Mr. Khrushev's announcement on the seizure of production of heavy tanks. To the moment, when Mr. Khrushev lost his power in 1964, T-64 tank was almost ready for mass production and could replace the heavy tanks, already taken off production lines.
List of Contents
T-64 (Facory ID "Object 432")
T-64 (object 447A)
42 Pages, 93 photographs, 5 drawings
1. Main Battle Tank T-64A. Central Group of Armies, "West-81" Exercise
2. Tank T-64
3. Pre-production Variant T-64 - "Object 432"
4. Missile Tank "Object 287"
5. Tank T-64 AM from the Collection of the Central Museum of Armed Forces in Moscow