|www.Aviapress.com > All Books > RUSAVIA >|
OTH-145 Lavochkin Aircraft book
OTH-145 Lavochkin Aircraft bookDear Readers!
In front of you there is a new book from our publishing house continuing the series of publications on the works of talented Soviet aviation designers. We hope you had a chance to familiarize our publications on the aircraft created by Vladimir Mikhailovich Miasishev and Andrei Nikolajevich Tupolev. Now we are happy to present to your attention a book by N.V. Yakubovich on the designer works of Semen Aleksejevich Lavochkin.
The majority of people associates "Lavochkin" in most cases with only one aircraft - a famous fighter of the Great Patriotic War - Lavochkin La-5. This aircraft was used by such famous pilots as Ivan Nikitovich Kozhedub and Alexei Petrovich Maresiev, using this fighter Soviet pilots destroyed thousands of German aircraft.
But Lavochkin is not only formidable La-5, which was feared by the German pilots, who were ordered "not to loose speed if met by La-5, and by no means enter into prolonged dog fights". There are dozens of piston engine and jet fighters on the Lavochkin's Design Bureau roster. Among those there is one of the first aircraft with reinforced jet engine, the first jet aircraft with the swept wing, the first aircraft breaking the sound barrier in flight, a new generation supersonic interceptor-fighter, original pilotless drones.
Having read this book you will find out about all those aircraft.
The author, on the basis of archive materials and witnesses recollections, introduces the readers with the family of combat aircraft and pilotless drones, created in 1940-50 under the supervision of exceptional aircraft designer - Semen Alexeivich Lavochkin.
For the wide circles of specialists and history of aviation enthusiasts.
List of Contents
From the Publisher
From the Author
Equipped with the New "Heart"
High Altitude Fighters
"School Desk" for Pilots
All Metal Lavochkin La-7
The Last Piston Engine Fighter
Semi Jet "La"
Search and Discoveries
A British Gift
High Altitude Interceptor
List of Sources
160 pages, 250 photographs, 40 diagrams, color illustrations
1. LaGG-3 fighter in one of the VVS regiments
2. LaGG-3 cockpit
3. Lavochkin La-5 of "Valeri Chkalov" squadron
4. Lavochkin La-5FN at the NII VVS airfield
5. M. Borisov, Hero of the Soviet Union, and Amet-Khan Sultan pose near Lavochkin La-7 fighter.
6. Lavochkin La-5FN 1944 pattern at the tests
7. Test aircraft "134"
8. Lavochkin La-9 with V.N. Chelomeis rocket engine
9. A test airframe of aircraft "150"
10. La-15 mass produced at Plant # 21
11. Mass produced La-15 in flight
12. Lavochkin La-250 A-II at LII airfield
13. LaGG-3 fighter (plant number 3121357)
14. Lavochkin La-9
15. La-15 of the first production batches