27 December 1999
- New issues of popular very high illustrated journal of Russian Defense Industry 'Military Parade' are available for online ordering. Now you can order online 'Military Parade' issues ## 27, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36. All issues of 'Military Parade Journal' are completely in English. Lots of excellent colour photos of Russian modern weapon, armour and aircraft.
21 December 1999
- New issue of high illustrated Russian aviation historical magazine 'Mir Aviatsii' ('Aviation World Magazine'): #3 1999 is available for online ordering. Articles: Birth of Ilyushin Stormovik, The story of WWII triple ace Vladimir S. Yeliseyev, MiG-31 - the story of the world's best air defence fighter (with 1/72 accurate plans), Afghan war. View from helicopter's cockpit, Development and service of the Il-22 airborne commande post (with 1/72 accurate plans), Aircraft in color: Badger artworks.
16 December 1999
- These BRONEKOLLEKTSIA (ARMOUR COLLECTION) issues are avilable for on-line ordering (cost $5.0 for each):
#3/1996 Soviet Post-War Heavy Tanks (IS-2, IS-3, IS-3M, IS-4, T-10M with detail drawings and pictures), #5/1996 BT-7 Light Tank, #4/1997 T-40 and T-60 light tanks, #3/1998 IS-2 Heavy Tank (including ISU-122, ISU-152 SPGs), #4/1999 T-34-85 Middle Tank (excellent monograph with many rare photos, detail drawings, including Yugoslavian and Arab variants).
14 December 1999
- Armor Fans! Turn your mind to Soviet WW2 armor collection from PST company: IS-1 heavy tank, IS-2 (mod. 1943) heavy tanks, IS 2 (mod. 1944) heavy tanks, ISU-122 and ISU-122S self-propelled guns, ISU-152 and ISU-152/1 self-propelled guns, KV-122 and KV-85 heavy tank, KV-1, KV-1B and KV-1E heavy tanks, KV-8 heavy flamethrower tank. All model kits in 1/72 scale, high quality, guns of kits can move, hatch shutter may close or open.
13 December 1999
- New issue of M-Hobby magazine: #5 1999 is available for online ordering. Articles: GAZ-AAA truck story, Beriev Be-6 story, T-26 in close, BRDM in close, KV-1S story, Soviet WWII aviation colors, Modern Russian military cross-country vehicles photo reportage etc. As usual many photos, colourful and informative.
6 December 1999
- ICM company presents great selection of Yakovlev Yak-7 (Yak-7A, Yak-7V, Yak-7B, Yak-7UTI) and Yakovlev Yak-9 (Yak-9K, Yak-9T, Yak-9DD) model kits in 1/48 scale.
3 December 1999
- Our Christmas Gift for ALL OUR Customers: one from two illustrated calendars 'Anniversary Aitcraft - 2000' and 'Mikoyan Design Bureau 60 Years' (350x500 mm format, excellent colour photos, short stories, bi-lingual text). Free with order! Don't forget to mention your choice at 'Other notes or instructions' section on 'Pay and Finish' page.
28 November 1999
- Great News! Our business was mentioned in New York Times.
23 November 1999
- New Zvezda 1/72 figures! Medieval Russian Wars series - Ice Battle (1242) two kits: 1/72 German Crusaiders (25 foot and 9 mounted soldiers) and Russian Knights (40 foot and 2 mounted soldiers).
19 November 1999
- New book: The Red Army Armoured Fist. 1932-1941. is available for online ordering. Excellent source of rare photos of Soviet tanks and armoured vehicle of 30-40 years. Highly recommended for all Russian Armour Fans!
18 November 1999
- New fine model kit from Maquette company: 1/72 Vickers Vernon/Vimy 66 Commercial. This is a passenger and cargo version of Vickers Vimy WW1 bomber: rare ex-FROG/NOVO kit with new fuselage, box and excellent decals.
New issue of Aviatsija i Vremya magazine is available for online ordering. The main article is about Lisunov Li-2 VVS transport plane: 'The Russian C-47 story' (Red Army work-horse during WW2).
2 November 1999
- New good book: Americans in Russia. The book about US aircraft on Russian service: from Russian Empire and Civil war to Lend-Lease aircraft during World War II and trophies of Cold War. Using American Boeing and DC airliners in modern Russian civil aviation. Hundreds of never published photos, color schemes. You'll see red-star P-39 Airacobra, P-47 Thunderbolt, P-40 family, Catalina (and Soviet version GST), A-20 Boston, B-25 Mitchell, B-17, B-24 and even Soviet VVS' B-29 (the origin of Stalin's 'big stick' Tupolev Tu-4). Hard cover, 160 pp., Russian text. Highly recommended!.
21 October 1999
- FORT company and MGD company offers many Soviet WW2 Army trucks and jeep in 1/35 and 1/72 scale: FORT 1/35 ZiS-42 Soviet WW2 half-truck, FORT 1/35 BZ Soviet WW2 fuel truck, MGD 1/72 GAZ-AA Soviet WW2 truck, MGD 1/72 GAZ-AAA Soviet WW2 truck, MGD 1/72 GAZ-67 Soviet WW2 jeep. Scale 1/72 rather exotic for models of trucks, but quality of kits amazing. We have placed photos of dioramas, close-up views for 1/72 GAZ-AA, 1/72 GAZ-AAA, 1/72 GAZ-67. Note: TOKO company offers GAZ-AA and GAZ-AAA in 1/35 scale so you can have these trucks in two various scales!
19 October 1999
- Long hoped-for news: 1/200 Tupolev Tu-154 model kit is available again for online ordering. Note: the producer of this model kit is the Tupolev Aviation Corporation. So this company makes airplanes in scale range from 1/1 to 1/200! (We sell only in 1/200).
9 October 1999
Great news from Russia: two new Armada series books just have printed and are available for plastic kit modelers and aviation enthusiasts.
First one is about famous Soviet WWII diving bomber Pe-2. There are a lot of rare never published photos, color pictures and drawings. Highly recommended for all interesting in Soviet WWII aviation.
Another one is about "Hero of Cold War" Tu-22 bomber 'Blinder'. Also there are many interesting photos, color profiles and schemes. Excellent source for all who is going to build ESCI/AMT Tu-22 kits.
6 October 1999 Soviet regimental artillery (1/35 model kit from ICM company) now stands on the defensive against SS Panzergrenadier Division "Totenkopf" (1/35 model kit also from ICM company). 1/35 Soviet regimental artillery, Kursk battle 1943 model kit includes parts for one 76-mm regimentl gun mod.1943, gun crew of five figures, two horses and limber. Recommend!
4 October 1999
- Some original photos of Ilyushin/Beriev A-50 AWACS were added to YuMTK section. YuMTK offers unique vacuformed kits: 1/72 Ilyushin/Beriev A-50 AWACS, 1/72 Petlyakov Pe-8, 1/72 Yermolayev Yer-2, 1/72 Tupolev Tu-128 and many plastic kits.
16 September 1999
- Krylya rodiny magazine #7/99
- OKB144 1/72 Tupolev Tu-104. New model producer presents the first injection molded kit of first Russian jet airliner - the 'junior brother' of famous jet multi-purpose bomber Tupolev Tu-16. With decals and photoetched parts. Recommended!
15 September 1999
- SKIF 1/35 2S1 GVOZDIKA - Soviet and Warsaw pact 122-mm Self propelled Gun 2S1 GVOZDIKA. Also many other interesing SKIF's kits are available for online ordering:
16 July 1999
- Attention to Armour Enthusiasts! ZVEZDA Company presents new armour model kit in 1/35 scale Soviet T-26 tank. You can order online range of aircraft, armour and figures model kits produced by ZVEZDA company.
12 July 1999
- Attention to Armour Enthusiasts! ICM Company presents armour model kit in 1/35 scale WWII Soviet heavy multi-turret T-35 tank. You can order online range of aircraft, armour and figures model kits produced by ICM company.
10 July 1999
- New issues of Armada book are available now for online ordering: Ferdinand #12, Civil War (1917-1922) Tanks #14, BT Tank Part 2 #15.
2 July 1999
- Attention to Armour Enthusiasts! START Company presents armour model kits in 1/35 scale: BA-20ZhD and BA-20m armoured cars, T-30 and T-40 Soviet Light Tanks and BM-8-24/T-40 Mobile Rocket Launcher.
25 June 1999
- Side by side with Sukhoi book now available for online ordering. The book's author O.Samoilovich used to work in Sukhoi firm for years and had taken part in design of the most of Sukhoi aircraft including T-4 Sotka, Su-24, Su-27 and Su-25.
The book is memoirs of author and very interesting for enthusiasts of Russian aviation. There're some colour photos and excellent colour profiles (artwork by V. Zolotov - Mir Aviatsii's chief-editor and artist), including never published rare authentic colour picture of 3M supersonic bomber T-4 Sotka's painting in which it had flown during the test flights. Soft cover, 136 pages, b&w and 27 colour photos, color profiles of T-4, Su-24MP, Su-25, Su-27UB.
24 June 1999
- ANTK airliners model kits 1/200 Tupolev Tu-154, 1/144 Tupolev Tu-334 and 1/144 Ilyushin Il-96-300 are available again for online ordering.
25 May 1999
- ZLINEK presents new model kit in 1/72 scale - Soviet WWII bomber Petlyakov Pe-2 and heavy fighter Petlyakov Pe-3.
18 May 1999
- ICM presents new model kit - first Soviet Russia fighter 1/72 Polikarpov I-1 (IL-400).
15 May 1999
- Two new issues of Russian Aviation magazines - 'Aviatsija i Vremya' #2 1999 and 'Mir Aviatsii' ('Aviation World Magazine') #1 1999 are available now for online odering. 'Aviatsija i Vremya' #2 1999: The main article about Tupolev Tu-126 - the first Soviet AWACS on the basis of Tu-114 (there're a lot of photos and scale plans 1/100 on insert - two pages of A1 format). Plus some other interesting articles. It's the interestin issue, as ever. 'Mir Aviatsii' #1 1999: Colour illustrations: JuG-1 (Russian copy of German Junkers G.24), Ilyushin Il-4 'Serezha Partizan' ('Serg Partisan') - unusual colour schemes of Soviet WW2 bomber, Su-27s from VVS a/b Savasleika (photos), Tu-16K-10-26 (photos), Su-27UB and Su-30 from Savasleika (colour drawings). Additional insert - scale drawings of 1/144 Tu-104Sh and 1/72 MiG-25BU/RU. Also there're many interesting articles, photos, pictures. With English captions.
14 May 1999
- 'Air War over Korea' book now available for online ordering. This is the second edition of famous book of V. Gagin. This book gives the Russian account of events during the Korean War. An indispensable book for students of the Korean War.
11 May 1999
- Eastern Express presents an interesting model kit - 1/72 D.H. 110 Sea Vixen F.A.W.-2. Also 1/72 Canberra bomber ex-FROG/NOVO kit available now for online ordering.
9 May 1999
- First issue of the New excellent Russian Aviation magazine Aviatsija (Aviation) just arrived
Many colour illustrations: I-7 x 2 profiles; I-180 x 4 profiles; Korean MiG-15s x 2 profiles; Gloster Meteors in Korea x 4 profiles; Experimental Jet Mikoyan's I-3U, I-75, E-150; Tupolev Tu-334 (photos); newest Mil Mi-24VM (photos by famous Russian photographer Alexei Mikheev.
Additional insert with scale plans: I-7 (1/48); Polikarpov I-180 (1/48); Mikoyan I-3 (I-380), I-3U/I-5 (I-410), I-3 (I-380), I-75, E-150 (1/72).
There're two Russian aviation historian Maslov's articles about I-7 and I-180 fighters. Also there're articles Boris Safonov Soviet WW2 ace, MiG-15 vs Gloster Meteors in Korea, Experimental MiGs story (by Yefim Gordon).
Some interesting photos (only 8 of more than 100) are here.
5 May 1999
- Eastern Express presents new model kit - Spitfire Mk. V Floatfire.
3 May 1999
- Two new books: 'Voronezh's Aircrafts' and 'Ilyushin Il-76 Full Story'. 'Voronezh's Aircraft' book is devoted to history of creation and production practically of all airplanes released ever on this factory is described: Tupolev TB-3, Kalinin K-7, Kalinin K-12, Tupolev ANT-25, Ilyushin Il-2, Ilyushin Il-10, Ilyushin Il-12, Ilyushin Il-28, Tupolev Tu-16, Antonov An-10, Antonov An-12, Tupolev Tu-28/Tu-128, Il-76, Tupolev Tu-144, Analog-144, Ilyushin Il-86, Ilyushin Il-96-300, Ilyushin Il-96M and many other planes. Soft cover, 80 pages, 200+ rare photos, schemes. Completely in ENGLISH. 'Ilyushin Il-76 Full Story' book describes in detail creation, development and using of Ilyshin Il-76. The most complete and full book about this aircraft!
19 April 1999
- For interested by armour we present the illustrated magazine 'BroneCollection' covering different subjects - from Russian First World War "Austin" armoured car up to Japanese WW2 'Chi-ha' medium tank and modern Soviet tanks.
18 April 1999
- New book 'Unknown War in Moscow Skies' just arrived.
The book covers most difficult and dangerous period of Red Army VVS history - the Batlle of Moscow. There're a lot never published photos (250+) and high quality colour profiles. Soft cover, 120 pages.
17 April 1999
- New pictures of built up models added in Our Gallery of Models section.
Yakovlev Yak-25 fighter from Red Hurricane and Kamov A-7-3a Soviet combat autogiro from YuMTK/Interavia:
31 March 1999
- YuMTK/Interavia presents 4 new model kits - first Sukhoi piston-engine fighters Sukhoi Su-1 and Su-3 and 2 different variant of USA Helicopter Piasetsky H-25. YuMTK/Interavia also well known as producer of very interesting vacuforms: heavy WW2 bomber Pe-8, AWAKS A-50 (based on Il-76), Tupolev Tu-128 and other.
21 March 1999
- TOKO firm presents 5 new model kits - the family of WWI figther Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter (4 different kits) and 1/35 GAZ-AA Soviet WW2 Army Truck kit.
20 March 1999
- One more issue added in Krylja Rodiny section. There is large article about the first Russian VTOL plane Yakovlev Yak-36 (with plans and photos) in it:
11 March 1999
- Two new magazines are just added in Krylja Rodiny section.
25 February 1999
- The Eastern Express company presents new model kit - the best Soviet fighter of WWII - Lavochkin La-7. You can order this kit on-line as well as famous WWI fighter - Moran N and other interesting kits.
24 February 1999
- The model kit of famous ANT-25 available on-line again. You can read short story of ANT-25, view photos of this model and order this kit on-line click here.
12 February 1999
- New issue of popular very high illustrated magazine of Russian defense industry 'MILITARY PARADE' came out. You can order this issue and past issues of the 'Military Parade' magazine on-line. This magazine is fully on English and have a lot of high quality photos and interesting articles.
18 January 1999
- Finally the firm ZVEZDA has launched into production line the new kit Ilyushin DB-3F/Il-4 in 1/72 scale. In a box you can find old but a few re-designed plastic of ALFA kit. Good additional to collection of Soviet WW2 aviation! Note: The Il-4s were in mass production and widely used on Eastern front as long-range and torpedo bombers.
- New excellent book of ARMADA series (#11 issue) covers the history of last Soviet piston-engine fighters LAVOCHKIN La-9 and La-11. In the book there are a lot of unique never published photographs, scale drawings and colour profiles. Highly recommended! Read about the history of 'Defenders of Shanghai-1950'!
11 January 1999
- ARCHIVES-PRESS publishing house has issued new monograph about history famous Russian bomber TUPOLEV TU-95. There are a lot of detailing photos of different variants of Tu-95, colour profiles and also MOST ACCURATE TU-95MC PLANS IN 1/72 (!) SCALE on insert. Be prepared for nearest Master-club 1/72 Tu-95MC kit!
- News from United Kingdom: recent Vol.20/11 of SCALE AIRCRAFT MODELLING magazine has 'In detail' section article about Su-27 family. See the top Russian photographer Victor Drushlyakov's Su-33 (Su-27K) photographs from Tushino archives. Recommended! Please ask SAM issues (current and back ones) direct to editor: http://www.samnet.co.uk
- NEOMEGA firm (Russian aircraft model 'Faberge') issued new set of MB Mk.9 ejection seat in 1/48 scale. It's great as usual! New Jaguar 1/48 cockpit coming soon!
4 January 1999
- M-Hobby/Armada publishing house issued new excellent book about Russian famous jet-fighter Mikoyan MiG-15 (Armada series #10 issue). There are 80 pages with more than 200 different photographs, colour profiles, detail sketches and plans. Detailed description of combat use of MiG-15 in Korea - a lot of never published photos of Korean War period MiG-15s and Russian jet fighter aces. Highly recommended! Add your library the necessary book!
- New issue of popular high illustrated magazine AVIATSIYA I VREMYA came out this week. The #6/1998 issue has main article about history of first Soviet supersonic interceptors Su-9 and Su-11 (with accurate 1/72 plans!).